Virtual Hearings App (WCB VHC)
The New York State Workers' Compensation Board is pleased to introduce the virtual hearings app for mobile devices. The app is available for virtual hearings scheduled at all Board locations.
The app allows hearing participants to sign in with the app, without having to use their device's mobile browser. Checking in through the app can be done whether you are appearing virtually or are an attorney/licensed rep appearing in person at a Board location.
- Saves your profile information so you can log in faster, daily.
- Notifies you when your hearing is called or when you receive a message - even if you're using another app, phone feature, or if your screen is off.
- Allows you to delete a hearing from your schedule if the information you entered is incorrect or you are no longer appearing for a case.
How To Download
- Open the App Store or Google Play Store.
- Search for "WCB VHC". The app uses the icon shown below.
- Select "Get" or "Install" to download.
App User Guides
- You may use other apps or features of your phone while waiting for a hearing to be called. A notification will alert you when it's time to join your hearing. Do not close the app completely. Make sure notifications are turned on/activated to receive this notification.
- You will need to give permission for the app to access your phone's camera and microphone in order to join a hearing.
- If you accidentally navigate away from the app during a hearing, you will not be disconnected from the hearing.
- If a hearing is recalled, it will automatically display as "to be recalled" in the waiting room where you will wait for the hearing to be called again.
- While in a hearing, rotating your mobile device to landscape mode will enlarge the videos of the other participants in your hearing.
If you have any questions using the virtual hearings app, please contact WCB Customer Support at email@example.com or (844) 337-6305, option 5.
Sign up for WCB Notifications and subscribe to the attorneys/licensed representatives topic to receive updates about the virtual hearings app.