Your privacy is important to us and we are committed to making sure we protect the information you share with us. The Workers' Compensation Board requires health care providers to supply their email address for multiple purposes. It is important that the Board has the appropriate email address.
Below is a summary of the various ways the Board collects email addresses for health care providers and what these addresses are used for.
Health Care Provider Authorization Form
When you provide your email address on the initial request for authorization or the authorization renewal form, it may be used in one or more of the following ways:
- To send a confirmation of a submitted authorization request
- To send a notification when it is time to renew your Board authorization
- To send GovDelivery notifications about important health care provider updates and/or changes
- For Physicians Only – To send a notification regarding a change to a supervised Physician Assistant statu For example, if a Physician Assistant adds you as a Supervising Physician or when the supervisor relationship ends.
- For Physician Assistants Only – To send a notification regarding a change in the supervision status of your Supervising Physician
If you need to change this email address, please complete the Update Authorization Information form. If you have questions about completing the Health Care Provider Authorization form, please contact the Medical Director's office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign up to Access the Medical Portal
When you provide your email address on the Medical Portal registration, it is used:
- To create an NY.gov account which is used to access the Medical Portal
- As the default email for Formulary Prior Authorization requests
If you need to change the default email address used to access the Medical Portal and in the Drug Formulary prior authorization process, please email WCBCustomerSupport@wcb.ny.gov.
When you provide your email address on the 'Get WCB Notifications' sign up form on the Board's website, it is used to send you emails related to the topics you select when completing the form.